A new title update to address the issues of losing game progress, character loss, as well as other technical fixes, tweaks, and enhancements is soon to be released for the Xbox 360 in the coming day. Rockstar reports that this title update will resolve the primary issues of players losing their gameplay progress and loading issues.
Fixes in this update include:
- Fixes multiple issue causing character deletion or other loss of progress.
- Fixes issue causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs.
- Fixes an issue causing the “replay” option to be locked out on certain jobs.
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike.
- Fixes an issue where the player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing loss of guns and ammo.
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead.
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby.
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job.
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages.
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killer in a One on One match.
There is still an issue where players purchase a vehicle and the save does not occur due to a cloud save failure. Rockstar is currently working on patching this and will provide and update as soon as possible.
Rockstar does apologise to the community for the problems some players have been experiencing with lost characters and are seeing what they can do to resolves this. Thus far it is unsure whether a lost character can be restored or compensation will be coming. The Developer is well aware of all known issues within the game and has set up a GTA Online Status Updates article on their main site.