Opening Xbox’s E3 presentation was a striking new trailer for Halo Infinite. Exciting new visuals, glances at a new style of Master Chief’s armour, and brief shots at what appears to be another Halo installation were all shown along with the announcement of the Slipspace Engine.
Not much is know at this stage however an accompanying article on the Halo website speaks a little further on what to expect…
“Halo Infinite will feature Sparth’s (Art Director, Nicolas Bouvier) new art style that draws significant inspiration from the most iconic and historic parts of the Halo franchise and your feedback, all while modernizing and taking advantage of the full power of the Xbox One family. The new Master Chief helmet directly showcases our new art style.”
“The team also heard feedback loud and clear on the amount of time spent playing as the Master Chief in Halo 5. In Halo Infinite, the game will focus on the Master Chief and continue his saga after the events of Halo 5.”
Studio head Chris Lee also gave an indication of how long we will be waiting for this exciting new title:
“I know waiting can be hard for folks who are excited for more info about the game. We are taking the time we need to make the right game and are making changes to how we approach things this time around.”
“In the future, you will be able to join early flighting programs that will let members of the community play the game with us, and give direct feedback, much like the current Insider flighting program for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. It will take some time for us to be ready to kick those flighting events off, but when we do they will start small and grow along the way.”
Sounds to us like we will be waiting a while longer yet until our next adventure in the Master Chief’s boots, but some exciting and promising news for Halo at last!
- New FPS title called “Halo Infinite”
- Running on the all-new Slipspace Engine (excellent pun work there, 343)
- Brand-new art style from Sparth, inspired by iconic and historic influences plus fan feedback – and a confirmed new Master Chief helmet design!
- Infinite will focus on the Master Chief following feedback on Halo 5’s campaign
- The title will have a far more “open” style of development compared to previous titles
- Flighting test programs will be open for players to provide feedback on Infinite
What are your thoughts on today’s announcements?
Discuss with the community on Discord!